Thursday 10 March 2016

Weeks of February 25th and 3rd March

This week I organised the details for the Irish-themed fundraising party we plan to have on St Patrick's Day. After a general agreement that we should hold a Ceili dance from the Ripen Our Darkness, Blood Wedding and Bradley Manning production meetings, I researched the prices of different Ceili callers in the local area. Most agencies charged £300+ for a caller, which was not ideal. I found danceon.org, who were happy to provide a caller for £250.
I also created the St Patrick's Day Ceili as an event on Eventbrite. We are planning to do this for the plays in BfesT as well, in order to allow people to buy tickets online.
In order to make it possible for people to buy tickets online, I also had to start a bank account. I started a Current Account with Santander. If anyone buys a ticket using Eventbrite, the money will be paid to the Current account and I will withdraw it and give it to Dave.
This is why it took so long to make the Eventbrite event, as it was very difficult to get the bank account sorted and set up an appointment.
I also asked Mandy to help by selling tickets at the door to Bathway Theatre. With the aid of my mother and sister who are competent graphic designers, I created a design for the Ceili posters and tickets. On the following Tuesday, I printed the tickets and several posters. I put the posters up in Daniel Defoe Hall and asked Sophie Mahy to put some up in Cutty Sark Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment